Interior design help for everyone.
Here on the West Coast of BC, Canada, we have had a very wet, cold Spring, but now that Summer is here - let's revamp our homes for the bright, sunshiny look of Summer. Here are 10 tips that allow you to spruce up your home for the toasty Summer months.
5. Paint. White or off-white walls have predominated the interior design scene for the last five years. Believe it or not trends are coming around to the warmer tones. Try a darker cream or light beige to add this latest trend into your décor.
6. Accessories. Lightweight Wicker baskets in natural tones add a light and airy feeling to your room.
7. Wallpaper: Have you tried the new peel and stick wallpaper? Once you get your plumb line set it's a fairly easy way to add a accent wall in your home. Try a soothing Lake mural or a floral look. You can even purchase large flower graphics that peel and stick on to the walls for a fun look.
8. Entry. Why not add a fresh bold colour to your entry area? Make a great first impression! Even one wall in a bright, fun colour will add a fun look to your foyer. Try coral or even a light green to introduce a happy Summer look into your home for 2022. Ensure that the colour that you choose is repeated elsewhere in the other rooms in your home, so it doesn't look out of place.
9. Window treatments. Either add or replace your existing curtains with breezy white linen draperies on either side of your window. Ensure you place the window treatments as close to the ceiling as possible to visually extend the height of the ceiling.
10.Fragrance: Try a citrus or floral scented candle. The light scent will drift throughout the home, and you’ll be amazed how fresh your whole home feels.
Let me know if you need help updating your home, I'd be happy to help!
Virtual Interior design help throughout Canada and USA
Jil Sonia McDonald - Interior Designer of Jil Sonia Interior Designs.