Interior design help for everyone.
Now that Spring has finally arrived, here are a 10 easy items to add in (or switch out) for your home design in 2022!
1. Flowers! Particularly spring flowers such as daffodils, tulips, hyacinth and even a potted crocus provides a touch of sunshine to your room. Try using a brightly coloured pot or planter in shades of Kelly green, sunshine yellow or bright fuchsia.
2. Throw blankets and pillows. Put away the heavy wool throw blankets and replace with lighter cotton ones. Heavy velvet pillows can be replaced with fresh linen ones. Simply swap out the covers and you can use the same inserts.
3. Rugs. if you happen to have a dark heavy patterned rug, try rolling that up and replacing it with a Lighter hemp or jute rug. You'll be amazed at the difference makes in the room.
4. Florals. It may not sound ground-breaking but adding florals in your draperies, planters or pillows freshen up the room. Once Fall rolls around tuck them away I'm bringing out the darker, warmer colours.
5. Paint. white or off-white walls have predominated the interior design scene for the last five years. Believe it or not paint colors are coming around to the warmer tones. Try a darker cream or light beige to this latest trend into your décor.
6. Accessories. lightweight wicker baskets in natural tones add a light and airy feeling to your room.
7. Wallpaper: Have you tried the new peel and stick wallpaper yet? Once you get your Plumb line set it's fairly easy to add a accent wall in your home. Try a Spring Lake mural or a floral look. You can even purchase large flower graphics that peel and stick on to the walls for a fun look.
8. Entry. Why not add a fresh bold colour to your entry area? Make a great first impression! Even one wall in a bright spring colour will add a fun look to your foyer. Try coral or even a light green to introduce spring into your home for 2022. Ensure that the colour that you choose is repeated elsewhere in the other rooms in your home. Add in a mirror to check your lipstick, just one more time before running out!
9. Window treatments. Either add or replace your existing curtains with breezy white linen draperies on either side of your window. Ensure you place the window treatments as close to the ceiling as possible to visually extend the height of the ceiling. Add black out lining if the draperies are going in your bedroom.
10. Fragrance: Lastly, try a citrus or floral scented candle. The light scent will drift throughout the home, and you’ll be how fresh your whole home feels. I'm loving these ones by Natural Soy in Canada.
I hope these tips provide you with some ideas to get your home ready for Spring!
(Now, if the weather would only co-operate!)
If you'd like help with your residential home interior design, just fill out our contact form, we'd love to help!
Virtual Interior design help throughout Canada and USA
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Jil Sonia McDonald - Interior Designer of Jil Sonia Interior Designs.
Design Links Bloggers I follow:
Kimberley Seldon Design
Linda Holt Interiors
Ina Goetz Photography