Wow what a crazy, uncertain time right now! Now, more than ever, we need each other. We need each other for truth, for support and to feel less alone during a time that can honestly feel quite scary.
Our willingness, as a people, to step up in the face of what we are all experiencing with COVID-19 is awe-inspiring.
We are being told to self isolate and engage in social distancing. That means many of us aren't leaving our homes, unless we truly need to.
We truly believe our home is a place of refuge and hope you can love your space while you turn to family and friends in an era of social distancing.
Perhaps we can think of some fun things to do, that otherwise we might have not had time to do.
Here's a few examples:
Let’s all be there for each other OK? I’ll be posting lots of great ideas of what to do design-wise while staying inside, on my Jil Sonia Interior Design's Facebook group.
https://www.facebook.com/JilSoniaInteriors/ We’d love to have you join us!
Keep safe and remember to have fun!
Here is an outline of what a happy consultation looks like with me.
1. We meet and have a 2-hour consultation, either in your home or my design studio, we discuss your likes/dislikes, needs and priorities. We take into consideration all elements: colours, fabrics, floor plans, cabinets, furniture, budget etc.
2. I take notes, then transcribe them later (if you decide to carry on with my services), onto a worklist.
3. I provide you with an estimate of my design fees to carry out the design plan. You can choose to move forward yourself, or you can carry forward with our design services, whichever you choose (you don’t need to make that decision on the consult date).
4. If you move forward with our services, we email you the initial general written plan, which we call the Scope of Work. I update it with any additional items you’d like to include.
5. After I’ve finalized the Scope of Work, I create a mood board for most rooms, so you can see how items look like together.
6. We meet again to present the moodboards and ideas with you, using photos, and samples.
7. If you are ordering certain furniture, tile, etc. I do get trade discounts and share those 50/50 with my clients. These discounts can be substantial.
8. My fees are $395.00 for the first 2-hour consultation; then after that, my rates reduce to $175.00 per hour, and you can use me as much or as little as you like. GST is added to my rates.
If that's something that might work for you, I'd love to help. Together we'll come up with a great plan to create a home that you love.
Feel free to let me know your thoughts and if you have any questions.
Jil Sonia McDonald - Interior Designer of Jil Sonia Interior Designs.